Tuesday, December 16, 2008

One of those days

Today has been one of those days. I have fought harder than I was ready for, I cried a little, I was scared, felt sad and is now exhausted.

It started when Jouke and I went to town to do some Christmas shopping. We are not buying big this year and so we only had 3 gifts to buy. Sounds easy, but we left town with only 2 bought and feeling less than friendly toward each other.

Then my dear little baby got a piece of bread stuck in her throat and after a few terrifying moments we decided it best to get her to emergency. She was breathing but the food was stuck and causing her much pain. Thankfully she is now OK, but for a very sore throat. It was just so scary and I am ashamed to say that I froze unsure of what to do. God was good in that Jouke was home and was able to help her. I still feel sick at the thought at what could have been.

The afternoon got better but because Jouke is work evening shifts this week the kids are testing me at bed time. I fought (I know, strong language but this is how it felt) for over 2 hours to get them settled. I got angry and frustrated and I yelled a little too loudly and I am sure they fell asleep thinking that Mamma has lost it tonight. They are all finally asleep.

And now, I am boiling the kettle. I have popped the left overs in the fridge and when my cuppa is made will have a little quite sit down. The kitchen can wait until morning, tonight I am tired.

How has your day been?

No comments: