Thursday, June 19, 2008

Another rainy day

We have had a full day's rain and it has been lovely. The kind of weather that makes you want to crawl under the covers with a good book. But as all mothers know, with 3 little ones that is just a dream.

Thankfully, my sister has come for a visit and has kept us all entertained. My kids don't do well when they cannot go outside, but with Auntie Heidi here they have had someone to keep them busy. They have read stories, build blocks and trains, drawn pictures and watched a little bit of Colin Buchanan.

This afternoon Miss A. "helped" me do the dishes which resulted in a change of clothes for her as well as her brother and in me needing to mop the floor. I try to encourage helping around the house, but often times the job needs re-doing with possibly more work added. But then I think the long term gain is worth it in the end.


Before I go. When I was unpacking the dishwasher this morning I found this little surprise in my Tupperware cupboard. I am sure that if I didn't get around to opening the cupboard today we would have been frantic tomorrow morning trying to find Miss A's boots. Things like this make me smile...the things little minds can come up with.

No comments: