Friday, June 20, 2008

A shirt for me

I don't sew much for me. Sewing for the kids is great for lots of reasons, but I love it because if it doesn't really fit this season it will eventually. Plus I love making something just for them, that no one else has. My mum did the same it is was so special.

However, our budget has forced me to consider making some clothes for me with some of my material stash.
I made this shirt out of some black material that I got for an amazing bargain a few years back. I think there is about 7 or 8 meters and though the fabric is not the best quality this shirt end up costing about $4.

I had some trouble with the collar. The pattern piece for the collar band was too big and I had to resew about 4 times to get it to sit neatly. I love the collar band in pink but it took some time to get it right. I have sewed the same pattern in some cream linen and then a very simple dark denim A-line skirt and now I think I am done sewing purely for need.

I want to have a go at making a girls reversible coat, not because it is needed but I am looking forward to the challenge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice shirt!!

I do not know where you get the time to make all these wonderful creations.
I don't have time and I don't even have one kid let alone 3!!!

Well done super mum